Saturday, August 1, 2009

My New Boppy

I've been debating on whether I should get a nursing pillow for a long time now, and I finally decided to just do it...so...I went to Target and purchased my very own Boppy! and I love it! I really hope that I can say the same after I use it with my baby...but for now, I love it. And the best part is it came with a little tee for my little one! I was so excited :D and it totally made my doubts about the whole purchase go out the window!

Instead of spending an extra $10-15 for their adorable, yet pricey covers, I decided to purchase a "bare naked" pillow...(yes, that is its actual name)...and make a cover for it myself with the remaining fabric I had. It actually ended up working out pretty nicely... this should give you an idea of how much time Ive had on my hands lately --- I started on my boppy pillow case around 3 or 4 yesterday, and it was completely finished that evening...it looks simple enough but I did have to do alot of tweaking with the pattern to make it perfect

and this is the back...Im so proud of myself for improvising the zipper part! I didnt really know how I was going to do it, but it turned out great!

I do feel that it needs something extra though...maybe ill do some patch work or put an applique on the front side of it...we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megumi! I just found your blog. You are such a cute pregnant lady, and I love the little projects you've been working on. They have all turned out really well. As for your boppy...I have some advice. I loved mine and looking back on things, I wish I had taken mine to the hospital with me. After pushing during labor for about an hour my arms were so tired I could barely hold Mason to nurse him. Using the hospital pillows was difficult to set him up right and it really would have been nice to have it with me. These aren't things you typically thing of, so I thought I would let you know. Good luck with everything! and Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Megumi..i have tried to make my own for a long time and now iam using Megan's..it works but i will have to give it back so maybe that will motivate me...hey you know what? my sis in law has one that has belt buckles made os fabric and velcrose/velcro and she still uses it for her 3month old(who cant sit yet) but it will be helpful when she starts to sit too. I dont know how to sew it on but you are creative and maybe you will figure it out. WOW! two long comments..enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!! You totally put uncreative people like me to shame. I love all of your sewing projects! Maybe when I have another baby (not that it's anytime too soon), you can show me what patterns you used. Oh yeah, and I might have to buy a sewing machine as well. I loved your 37 week picture! You seriously should not be allowed to look that cute when you're that pregnant. So we saw Chad the other day when we got back from Utah, and he said he was leaving! We never got to feed him dinner. =( I hope he's there and that you guys are having fun getting ready for baby. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete