Monday, August 22, 2011

Not for the faint of heart.

Yesterday was probably one of the happiest AND saddest day of my little Noa's life.

Happy: he turned another year older and is now 2!!
Happy: we had an amazing birthday party with close family and friends.
Happy: he got lots and lots of gifts from everybody!
Happy: he got to eat all the sweets his little heart desired (a rare occasion)
Happy: he got to video chad (via google+) with his jiji and baba, his cousin, and some of his aunts and uncles scattered all over the world...


....so why the sadness....?

Sad: he went from baby to boy. he is growing up waay too fast.
Sad: he probably won't remember the party that I put so much time and effort into....lol (it was well worth it!)

SAD: we said goodbye to his beautiful, soft, shiny, luscious....

baby curls.


apologies to those of you who voted "no" to cutting his hair.....
just fyi, we have been debating this issue for over a year, so it was in no ways an easy decision....I fought it all the way down to the last second.

because I knew that it would never grow back like this....


Chad gave me an ultimatum. It's either we cut it now, or we wait til his 3rd birthday to cut it. I knew that this (the length it is here) was the absolute longest that I wanted him to have...and couldn't imagine letting it get any longer and harder to manage. I made one of the hardest decisions of my mommy-life to part with his lovely locks. 


It might not look like it in these photos, but I was crying...my heart was breaking every second.

and then

finally.

No turning back now...

So I cut. 

 and I cut.
 and I CUT.

until.....


...there was no baby anymore...


just a little boy, ready to take on the world....

Noa's long curly hair had become such a big part of him...and his character...I am still trying to get used to this look (don't get me wrong, I like it. it is still cute. just a different kind of cute.)


Loves...
No matter  how long or short your hair is, Mommy will still love you just the same. And you will always be my Noa.



9 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! His hair is gone! And you didn't wait for us for his hair cutting ceremony. I love his short hair though! It is darling! He looks a lot like Chad now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im SO sorry Christal! Believe me, I would have waited til you guys got back....Chad didn't give me a choice :( ....Im so happy you guys are coming back, and I get to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would die for his hair... so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWW!! Noa looks like a little man now! It must have been so hard for you. I'll miss those curls too, but his new do is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A LITTLE CUTIE!! Loved the curls but this (to me) is even cuter!! He looks just like your husband! DId you keep his hair and tape it in his book? :) I have curly hair in my memory book! Funny moms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I really love his hair cut though! However, his curls were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I die a little inside every time I have to trim up milo's hair. But when I let it get too long and curly, people always compliment on how cute "she" is. haha oops! but Noa looks darling with his new cut! You never know, it might grow back CURLIER! Milo's is curlier and more coarse after each cut. Don't be too sad! He looks so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His curls were definitely to die for (I hope you were able to keep a ponytail of it and store it in a ziplock bag for a keepsake or something, my mom used to do that for some of my haircuts) but I've gotta say that he's quite the handsome little guy with the short hair! You can see that cute face even better now! Happy 2nd B-day to little Noa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (late) Birthday to your little one! :) Awww, I bet it was hard for you! That's sad but he looks so handsome either way. He definitely looks older now. I didn't know his hair was that curly, how cute!

    ReplyDelete