Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An "Almost" Birthday Tribute.

My big boy Noa is turning 2 this week!!! Whoa, I know.

Since I have a crazy weekend coming up, I thought I would write a little pre-birthday birthday post before things get too hectic and I forget to recognize such a huge milestone in my baby's life. {Don't worry, there will be a birthday party post later :D...probably much much later}

*********************************

SO much has happened in the past year in this little guy's life. He has accomplished A LOT. 

So much growing, so much learning, and SO much loving.


{From 1 to 2...}
From baby to toddler.

From barely speed-walking, to RUNNING full speed. (and skipping, of course.)
From being able to say just a few words, to speaking in full sentences, and learning new words and phrases every second. {in two languages, might I add...} Having real CONVERSATIONS with us.
From eating soft, mushy baby food, to eating pretty much everything that we eat and put on his plate.
From having short fuzzy baby hair, to long shiny curly locks. (which we still are debating whether or not to chop off)
From having a few teeth on top, a few on bottom, to having full grown baby teeth (minus the very back molars)

A few more accomplishments of this amazing little boy:
He talks to Mommy in Japanese, while talking to Daddy and his family in English.
He puts 2-5 words together to make sentences. Asks for things, tells you things...has a conversation with himself.
He loves songs, especially gesture songs - twinkle twinkle, popcorn popping, wheels on the bus, head/shoulders, and a few Japanese songs - とんとんとんとん、パン屋さん,糸まきまき、げんこつ山のタヌキ....etc.
He can remember names and call people by them.
He has mastered the iPhone/iPod touch, our cell phones, laptops and TV.
He is so loving and caring toward Kai...and his "baby," a little tiger stuffed animal.
He can "Tahitian" dance...with his knees....haha
He jumps, dances, does "gymnastics"........he's a ball of energy....energy I don't have...

He is so fun, so active....and he has really developed a personality to match.

{wheels on the bus, and if you're happy and you know it...}

I fall more and more in love with this little boy. I can't believe how fast he has grown.


NOA ~
My little one... Watching you grow and learn has brought me the greatest joy.
and I am so so proud of you.  Your smile and your laugh, your kisses and hugs....I can't help but smile and be happy. YOU brighten up the gloomiest of days!

Keep being you. Grow up strong.

Mommy and Daddy love you so much!


xoxoXOxoxox

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet. And the pictures are so precious. I can't believe he's grown up so fast! I miss him so much!!

    To Noa ~ Keep growing and learning, and being the wonderful big brother that you are. You are such a special little boy. I'm so excited for you to meet your cousin soon. I hope you'll get to be good friends! Can't wait to see you again!
    ♥ Auntie Yoko

    ReplyDelete