Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend + choc cookie sandwich recipe!

On Saturday I had an engagement shoot with this cute couple...
I seriously had a blast! Stay tuned for more from this fun shoot!


And today, we had dinner with some friends. It was so much fun!
I was in charge of making dessert....and this is what I made:
Oreo cookie sandwiches (at least that's what I'm calling it...)
They were a hit!! :D

And its super easy!!
here's how you can make your own:

Oreo Cookie Sandwich

Cookies:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick of butter (room temp)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
    • Cream butter, eggs and vanilla together in a bowl. Add oil and cake mix, and mix until smooth. Add chocolate chips if desired.
    • Spoon about a 1-1.5 inch ball of cookie dough onto baking sheet 2 inches apart. (it helps if you have a small, 1.5 inch, ice cream scoop for this to make the dough even size and shape)
    • Bake in preheated 350F oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet before removing.
Frosting:
1 (8 oz) box of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar
[I ran out of powdered sugar, so I only used about 1/2-3/4 lb, and it was still super sweet and yummy!]
    • Cream butter and cream cheese together in a med size bowl. Add the vanilla, then slowly stir in powdered sugar.
    • Spoon a small amount of the frosting mixture onto one cookie, 1-2 Tbsp, then squish it down with another cookie until frosting is flush with the edge of cookies.
And of course, ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest of your engagement shoot! Also, I love those oreo cookies. I especially love how easy they are to make. mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete