Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweet Tooth doesn't have to = Sugar High

Since getting an oven (yipee!) I've been in the mood to BAKE!
Which is of course a good thing...right?

When I bake, it makes me happy and I feel like a good housewife, doing what housewives should be doing....BUT it also allows for a lot of temptation in the kitchen and a husband that ends up eating 50+% of the finished goods. 

MODERATION is key.

I have a huge list of yummy recipes I've been dying to try, but I am resisting the urge to try them all in one day, or even one week...and spread them out throughout the monthS to come, and maybe even share the goodies with others - in turn making me a good neighbor too :D

The next treat on my list is a secret {to be revealed later, like Valentine's Day...}
but here are the other recipes that I plan on making in the near future...
feel free to try them and share how they turn out for you!!


....and the list goes on.....No really, it does!

Here's one that I checked off my list last week:

Lemon Bars


Lemon Bars
(family recipe)

Crust:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour

Filling:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven 350F
  1. Cream butter and powdered sugar together. Add salt and flour, mix well.
  2. Pat crust into 9x13 greased baking dish and Bake for 15-20 minutes.
  3. Mix eggs and sugar until pale yellow. Slowly add dry ingredients. Add lemon juice.
  4. Pour mixture over hot crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
    *Cool before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar* 
ENJOY! :D

1 comment:

  1. Megumi, the Cinnabon Clones are to DIE FOR. I make them every Christmas morning and they are gone in 2 seconds flat.

    ReplyDelete