Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crazy??

...Some people may say that I am, after hearing about my adventure from yesterday.

I went on a hike with my good friends Christal and Daniel....yes, 6 months pregnant...


It wasn't a long hike...in fact, we had to cut it short because of the killer mosquitoes that were eating Christal and I alive! Thank goodness for the girls that gave us bug spray, so it was a lot more pleasant on our way back....but by that time we had a TON of horrible bites already...


A HUGE THANKS to both Daniel and Christal for taking turns carrying Noa on their backs!!!
I really don't think I could have gone on this hike carrying him the whole way...


We were surrounded by beautiful wooded scenery, a side of Hawaii I hadn't yet experienced.




...some interesting vegetation....


We went through some farms located behind the campus to get to the trail head...


I got much needed exercise and fresh air!....it felt so good to get out and be so close to nature.
so do I think I'm crazy for doing this?? ....Not at all!!
Overall, it was a fabulous day and an amazing hike! (minus the killer mosquitoes)



Plus, I got some amazing twigs/sticks out of it for my next project! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Meg you need to put some prego pics up of you!! 6 months pregnant and I haven't seen one pic of you and your cute baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, you arent' crazy. i went on maunawili hike when i was 2 weeks from delivering reggie! maybe that was crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha,that was a funny adventure. Lesson learned-never go on a hike without bug spray! At least we got some good pics. :)

    ReplyDelete