Monday, January 24, 2011

Fabulous finds & Apt decor

So what does a mom minus a child do with all that free time??

aside from working, sleeping, eating....etc, I have been frantically trying to decorate our rather drab and old apartment...planning, sewing, shopping, crafting...phew! SO much work!

Here is what I have come up with so far!

 I first found this fabulous idea HERE.
And when I came across these adorable plates, I just had to try it out!
I LOVE secondhand/thrift stores and these fabulous finds!
 all you need are cute decorative and functional plates...
 vases, candle holders, etc. for the stands....some epoxy, and voila!
 It's an easy, simple and inexpensive project that I just LOVE!

〜********〜

We have this awkward, impractical space in our living room wall, so I made this aqua curtain to cover it up! - and with some leftover fabric, made these flower curtain ties....

Now, onto pillow covers!
I have 3 pillows I have to cover, and 1 accent pillow to make.
and only the first pillow cover is completed!

It's reversible (?)  ... :)
...the details:
For an easy tutorial on zippered pillow cases....go here.

And last (for this post), but not least.....
my MUGs!!!
(we had these random hooks under our rather HIGH cabinets - what better to hang on them than fun, colorful mugs?)


Have I told you that I LOVE second-hand stores?!


Well, that's it for now....but there are plenty more projects that I am working on, so stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it all! Can't wait for our craft day on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute ideas! You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all super cute projects! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Meg!! I miss you and having craft days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha from Jessica not Alan....I didn't realize I was signed in as him :)

    ReplyDelete