Saturday, January 29, 2011

More projects & some random thoughts...

 Pillows 2 & 3 are done!

Take a look.....
Rosettes are super easy to make and this simple pink pinstripe helps to tone down the other rather loud prints and designs on my couch...

I got the idea for this pillow from ...Vanessa at V and Co.
I just made the ruffles a little wider, and only on one side of the pillow.
I'm very excited about how it turned out, even though Chad thinks it's too girlie ;)

Testing out the new pillow.
...I think he likes it too :D

All of my sewing was done on this beauty...
Margaret....my friend Christal's vintage sewing machine.
She sews perfectly  and looks lovely too.
Thanks, Christal for letting me use your sewing machine!!

My next project I have planned is also super simple, yet super cute:

I made these paper roses using card stock and the spiral paper method.
I plan on making this:
by Dozi Design
Now, I just need to find some good twigs and branches lying around.....not so easy when you live on a tropical island with only one season all year-round.



On a more random note......

Noa fell asleep after having lunch in his high chair
I always have been envious of his long eye lashes...and today they seem to go on for miles.

Hubby is taking a photography class now.......am I jealous? YES...
He also took a photography class in high school
This photo was taken in his HS photography class and got high remarks.
It even got entered into a contest and was displayed in the library for everyone to see.
Appropriately titled: "Got milk?"  :)

oh, how I love my boys!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your ruffle pillow! It looks exactly like the one I wanted to make, so you'll have to teach me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SO artistic. i need you to rub some of that off on me. i'm so NOT artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome pillows! I especially like the ruffles one. And cute idea with the roses! Too bad I didn't get any of the creative genes :) Oh and btw, I love your new blog layout!!

    ReplyDelete