Sunday, January 31, 2010

Such a great week!

Since becoming a mom, (and with Chad being gone all the time) I dont get out much at all!...I mean, seriously, at all! This last week, I was able to go grocery shopping (yipee), go to the RB on campus, and attend a Stake Relief Society activity. It was soooo nice to be able to go and feel like a part of the world again. Grocery shopping at Walmart is a weekly occurrence but going up on campus and seeing some people that I used to work with and also going to a 3 hour activity and seeing lots of wonderful sisters was really a treat.

Not many of you know but I used to work for BYU's Y-Be-Fit Program as an intern. I loved working there and helping people live a healthier lifestyle. I also was able to perform a lot of fitness/health assessments while I was there - like, the Bod Pod - yes, the amazing little egg-shaped machine that tells you your body fat % and some other info about your body composition. This is before I was pregnant and all, so I was curious about how my body has changed since becoming pregnant and having a baby. I ran into a friend/co-worker at the RB and he generously volunteered his time to do a test for me. And the results were unbelievable!! ...No seriously, I dont want to seem like Im boastful or that I just want to show off BUT I really didnt expect the numbers that it gave me. So my pre-pregnancy weight/body fat%/category were - 113lbs, 21%, Lean (not bad right?). I was seriously expecting my weight to be higher, definitely my fat percentage to be a ton higher but still be in the category of "Lean" (18-22%).......Now for the results (drum roll please!)...... I weighed 109lbs........my fat% was at 16........and I got bumped down to "Ultra Lean"(12-17)......yes, I am super excited but still kinda in shock about it :)

My ward is so wonderful and I love everyone that I've met in the Japanese ward. I also love my stake! The stake activity was soooo much fun! It was set up so that we could each choose 3 separate classes to attend and all have lunch at the end. The 3 classes I chose were Dressing Recipe Class (done by the Japanese Ward), Baby Sign, and Making Headbands with Fabric. LOVED ALL of them! The recipes were great and there were so many of them I cant wait to try making them all. Baby sign language has always interested me and now that Noa is getting to the age where I can start showing him things, I really wanted to learn more about it. In the class the instructor gave us lots of useful tips and resources that we could turn to when I start. Lastly, the headband class...I actually debated whether to go to this one or a furniture refinishing class but definitely glad that I went to this one! This is what I made :
Isn't it adorable?!? it was super easy too! a great thing to make if you have scrap pieces of fabric left from other projects. I am going to make a few different ones that I will post up later.....I think I just found new hobby - headband making! :D

Currently, Im also trying to make a pattern for a baby boy necktie - to be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment