Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our Prayers are with You

Tomorrow (January 20, 2010) is the day of my dad's surgery. After many years (I think 8) of monitoring a heart murmur or leaky valve, he and his doctor came to the conclusion that it is best that they fix the problem now, before its too late. His surgery will be an open heart operation, which scares me to death, but my dad has researched everything about this kind of operation and trusts in his surgeon 100%. He will have a 6 (?) week recovery period after the surgery where he will pretty much be on bed rest...
I really wished I could have been there...it breaks my heart that we are so far away. All we can do is pray and have faith that everything will go well.

I pray for the hands and minds of the doctors, that they will be blessed with quick judgment and the power to make all the right decisions during the operation. I pray for my family to have strength and comfort during this difficult time, and for them to be blessed with faith that everything will be alright. I pray for my dad, that the surgery will go as planned and that he will have a speedy recovery with no complications.

We LOVE you Daddy!
...our prayers are with you...






5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Megumi! Your dad is most definitely in our prayers, as well as your entire family! He'll do great and don't worry--he's got lots of (ward) family members here to help during his recovery!
    ~Daisie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sis. Dance! It is comforting to know that he has loving brothers and sisters that will look after him in the ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will definitely be praying for him...and you guys. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave and I will definitely keep your Dad in our thoughts and prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! His surgery was successful and he is now recovering!!

    ReplyDelete