Monday, November 30, 2009

A wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

It's been such a fabulous weekend...well, week! On Tuesday, my sister Yoko drove in from Cali to spend the weekend with her in-laws, but before she did that she came and spent time with me! Even though it was short we got to catch up and do a lot together...we ate dinner, baked some yummy pumpkin cookies, and of course, took lots of pictures! here are a few that she has edited:

(believe it, or not, I took this picture!)

Noa enjoyed having Aunt Yoko here too!!

I realized that we dont have any good family photos, and my mom had been asking for some to put on their Christmas card this year, so....we decided to take some at the duck pond, they turned out really nice. Here are a few of my favorites:



We thought we would include Taka, who is the only other Yanagita left in Utah



...so precious...

We had a great time - and I think Taka did too...

Right after the photo shoot, it was off to LAS VEGAS!

We were able to spend the rest of the week with Chad's family and some friends from our ward.
On Thanksgiving Day, we had a HUGE family dinner at Aunt Konne's new house, and I got to meet some of Chad's cousins for the first time...and the family got to meet Noa.

We had amazing food...


...and great company


Noa's first Thanksgiving turned out to be a great one!

On Friday, we had our second Thanksgiving dinner...a KoReaN dinner (it's a Maris family tradition)...and the food was incredible! SO GOOD, we had leftovers the rest of the weekend!


we had: kalbi, dwagae bulgogi, beef bulgogi, kimchee-chung, shrimp cocktail, various assortments of numl and salads, and Grandma Betty's amazing pineapple cheesecake for dessert! YUM

On Saturday, we had the opportunity of going to the temple and doing some family names along with Chad's late-Grandpa Don's work...I am so grateful for the temple and for eternal families.


and for dinner, we had all-you-can-eat sushi with some friends that were visiting Vegas from our Japanese ward...[it's ALL about food on Thanksgiving weekend!]

We had such an amazing weekend, we can't WAIT for CHRISTMAS!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey! It's too bad I didn't know you would be in Vegas too! I would have dropped by to see your precious little Noa. Where are you going to be for Christmas? p.s. I love your family pictures...also, we have STILL not taken any since Brookie was born...terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That santa suit is so cute!! I miss you guys already, and I can't wait for Christmas! It's kinda crazy how similar our Thanksgivings were. We had a traditional thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, went out for Korean on Friday, went to the temple on Saturday, and had sushi that night for dinner!!! Funny, huh? Ours was on a smaller scale than yours, but it was great all the same =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that does sound like an AWESOME week! My mouth started watering at the sight of all that yummy food you guys had. YUM!

    And I just have to say, that picture of Taka running after the duck MADE MY LIFE. Seriously. Best picture I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megumi, Noa is SUCH a handsome boy. Those pictures are beautiful. You have a really beautiful family, and I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, You don't know me, but I'm Tazbaa's sister-in-law. I normally don't go looking at just anyone's blog but I saw your name on her blog list and recognized it, (she's mentioned you before). Anyway, the reason I am commenting is to tell you you have such a beautiful family and such a handsome and adorable baby!! I love Asian babies :)
    I really like the picture that you took of him, he should do baby modeling or something. :)
    And by the way, all that food sounded really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is beautiful. And the baby, precious!!!
    -Lorna

    ReplyDelete