Monday, December 14, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

With all the snow and cold weather outside and Christmas music on the radio - I am fully and completely in Christmas-mode! Chad, Noa, and I will be spending Christmas in Michigan with my family! I am so excited and cannot wait to see everyone, and for my younger siblings to finally meet Noa...it's going to be GREAT!
Christmas
has to be one of the greatest times of the year. It's definitely my favorite holiday!.... It's not only the time we get to spend together with family, and share gifts with one another, but it is a time to remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is not a season of receiving, but of giving. Jesus Christ dedicated his whole life to helping and giving to others, so that mankind can have joy in this life. I am so grateful for everything that I have been blessed with this year, and I don't think that there is any better way of showing that gratitude other than giving to others.
Here are some ideas that i have come up with on how to give and share during this wonderful season:
But of course you don't have to have money to give:
  • Invite an elderly neighbor or someone who lives alone to join your celebration
  • Deliver a meal to a family in need
  • Write a thoughtful note to someone special
  • Bring your host a small gift to show your appreciation and offer to help clean up
  • Donate clothes, food, anything you have...
  • Volunteer at a soup kitchen
  • Send a care package to a soldier, or missionary
  • Visit hospital patients
  • Shovel snow for a neighbor
This holiday season, share joy and love with others by giving of yourself in service to those in need. And Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Your family is so cute! I love your ideas on how to make Christmas about Christ and giving. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete