Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday, birthday...Birth-DAY!

Having 3 blogs to manage is A LOT harder than I anticipated...fun, but very time consuming!
This blog is designated to do one thing, and one thing only - to inform our friends and family about the daily happenings/adventures {whether BIG or small} of our little family - and I plan to do just that....however long it may take!

On Saturday {as many, if not ALL, of you know} we celebrated little Noa's birthday. He's ONE!!! I say this all the time, but it's true = Time seriously flies! - I can't believe it has been a year already!
from this:

to this:
to finally this:
i can't believe it...in 12 months?....really?!

Noa has truly been a blessing in our lives. It has made me grow up so much more than I could have ever imagined being a MOM, and he has taught me to be a better person, a better friend, a better daughter, a better wife, and a better mom. He is so happy all the time - and can brighten up a room with no effort at all...He seriously means everything to me.


For this very special occasion, we decided to have a little picnic - just as a family - low key and very simple. Our goal was to make this a memorable day for Noa, and for all of us. First birthdays only come ONCE...

needless to say, I've never planned for such an event, so this was a first for everyone involved :)
I made some cupcakes - thinking that all babies must have cake on their 1st birthday!
I think they turned out pretty cute, don't you?
the theme was "blue/ocean" in honor of the next chapter of our lives fast approaching...
Noa hesitantly took a bite a lick...
and.....


He DIDN'T LiKE it!    :O


{I thought ALL babies loved the first taste of CAKE?!? what's wrong with my baby??!?}
...was the first thought that came to my mind...and then, i thought:
but wait, shouldn't I be happy that my 1-year-old doesn't love everything sugar? I mean, really, did I WANT Noa to love/be addicted to sweet, sugary foods? - of course not! So why was I so upset/crushed?...

well...I made the cupcakes especially for Noa...envisioning how he was going to devour the whole thing in seconds...and secretly hoping to get those adorable "first birthday cake smashing/bashing" pictures...even though I didn't get the first of my wishes to come true, I did get this:
...which was plenty "frosting-covered baby" for me!


isn't that just ADORABLE?! my favorite is when he gets frosting all over his hand from blowing a *kiss*...I just love him to death!

While all this was going on, us "adults" enjoyed a little Cafe Rio and juicy watermelon...YUM
and some quiet peaceful time in the beautiful breezy weather under the trees.


This was the perfect day!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is so sweet. He really has grown up so much since that first picture... I love all the pictures from your celebration, and that video is just darling!! I love his uh-oh face and his sweet smile, and that kiss was just too CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn didn't like her 1st Birthday cake either...but she sure does love sugar now - so watch out! Those pictures are adorable. What a precious little guy you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool looking hat you made. I like the colorful cupcakes too, good job! I think that was a cute idea to go on a picnic for his 1st B-day.

    ReplyDelete