Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Projects!


With all my spare time that I've had plenty of lately, my favorite thing to do has been SEWING! My concentration - Baby Items! So far I have made a receiving blanket and a nursing cover. and it has been so much fun! Not only does it help me to take my mind off of things...like my hubby not being here...but I feel very productive and not so LAZY like I used to feel...I can't wait to use them when my little guy gets here!!


This is the nursing cover that I made...I got the idea here but made a few changes myself like...instead of using heavy home decor fabric, I used light cotton fabric but lined the inside so that it would hold its shape better...and I also added a pocket and some cute buttons (that serves no other purpose...) Oh!...and I made it a little shorter, cuz well, as you all know Im not a very lengthy person... :D


My second project is this cute receiving blanket...

I also got the idea from the same creative person here...making my own changes with this one too. I didnt use rick rack (the squiggly stuff around the edges) and I added more than just one applique...those were the funnest to do!

This is the reverse side...


Now, on to my next project! - a Boppy pillow cover! :D ..Ill post pictures when I finish it

2 comments:

  1. Megumi!
    I saw the link to your blog on facebook, and I hope you don't mind that I'm "following" you now! I just love reading about what everyone is up to!

    And SERIOUS kudos to you on the amazingly cute baby items you've created! What great ideas! And I LOVE the fabrics you chose! I'm going to have to flag those websites for the day in the future when I'm preparing for my own little one!

    I hope you're surviving the Vegas heat OK! Can't wait to hear more updates and see pics of your little guy when he gets here! August 14th is the best day to be born, but that's just my personal opinion cuz I was born that day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! Of course I dont mind :D Ive been secretly following your blog as well! These were so fun to make and I highly recommend using these websites.

    Vegas is HOT!!! hotter than I ever imagined...and on top of that, Im sooooo prego!

    Ill let my little one know to come on the 14th :D I definitely wouldnt mind him coming earlier at all!!

    ReplyDelete